Financial Symmetry’s internship program has been fostering relationships with NCSU students studying finance for twenty years.
In fact, over half of our Team started their career with us as an intern from NC State! We are excited to offer our internship to Triangle area undergraduates.
Our fall and spring interns fulfill various roles within our firm on a part-time basis (at 15-20 hours/week) during August-December and again from January-May. Our summer internship runs May through August with up to 35 hours/week. Our internship is onsite in our Raleigh office, near PNC Arena and Carter Finley stadium.
Ideal candidates have a genuine interest in exploring the personal financial planning and wealth management industry, and be currently enrolled in finance, accounting and/or operations management classes. A working knowledge of personal finance terms is a bonus.
Some responsibilities of our internship include training and exposure to:
- Taking inventory of client assets, debts, incomes and expenses
- Scanning and/or saving electronic documents to our database
- Data reconciliation for 401ks, 403bs, 457 deferred comp and 529 accounts for performance reporting
- Assisting with trade verification processing
- Initial data entry into financial planning software
- Client cash flow monitoring
- Assist our Advisors with presentation materials for client meetings
- Compile global reports at a firm level for process improvements
- Assist our marketing team with research projects
- Onboarding paperwork processing & track incoming account transfers
- Coordinating estate document reviews with our estate attorney
- Performing beneficiary confirmations on managed assets
- Assisting our tax planners with tax planning projections, usually involving calculating estimated YTD income and tax withholding
- Working within tax planning software to compile and save projections for client deliverables
- Help our firm identify areas where we can improve data integrity, data processing and assist with both refinements, testing and implementation of those improvements
How to Apply
We encourage applicants to take a quick assessment so we can get a sense of personality, strengths and areas we can help you improve on here – https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-UPSA8HM0D?u=128214
To apply, please send your resume, brief cover letter, unofficial transcript, and semester class schedule with your hours of availability to Heather Gudac – email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org