Financial Symmetry offers our clients tax preparation services where appropriate, and this add-on service has become highly demanded. We are always on the lookout for additional tax preparers to help us with tax preparation and seasonal tax planning.
We are looking for applicants that can work alongside our in-house CPAs and tax planners to prepare 2023 individual federal and state tax returns. This position has the great potential for additional work in the fall of 2024 for tax planning work and could easily transition into a full-time role following tax season for ongoing tax planning. Ideally, this position could have up to 30-40 hours/week with us during January through April and again October-December. We can accommodate flexible schedules but require at least 20 hours per week during tax season. Onboarding and training will begin late January / early February 2024.
Are you interested in joining a team that works on a wide range of tax complexities? Do you want to be a part of team that wants to know you as a person and not just a number, lost in the big corporate world? If so, we’d like to meet you.
Candidates must be:
- Meticulous with details and accuracy
- Comfortable with tax prep software, preferred experience with ProConnect and/or ProSeries
- Able to assist with tax planning issues
- Able to prepare individual tax returns with multiple schedules
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
- Able to work within a team environment to deliver fully integrated tax services to clients
- Able to be at their best under tight deadlines
- Having experience with TaxTools or Holistiplan is a plus
- Have a strong interest in helping others through complicated situations
- Be curious to learn and grow with us.
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Prioritize workload to meet critical same day deadlines.
- Hold yourself accountable with strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Manage competing deadlines for different clients at the same time.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Active CPA or Enrolled Agent certification, or at least 5 years experience in preparing tax returns.
- Must have recent experience filing personal tax returns for tax years 2021 or 2022
- Experience completing complex returns (individual, trust, partnership)
- 3+ years experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping or tax
- Comfortable speaking with clients for clarity and additional information needed for tax purposes
- Completion of our aptitude and personality assessment found here: https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-6CTVYVDWF?u=128214
Schedule: Monday to Friday, with a flexible schedule and paid holidays
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org