It’s the little things. From Tom Brady to Nick Saban, high performers tout their focus on the small details as the secret to their success. Little things make up the big things.
But doing the little things is easy to overlook. We instead focus on finding ways to cut costs vs. inching up your 401k contribution 1% each year.
Paying Attention to the Little Things
Automating your savings is one we often see missed. Business takes precedence and time fast forwards before critical financial decisions are made.
That’s because financial inertia is one of the biggest road blocks to making financial progress. Reading about mega-backdoor Roth contributions, but never starting, doesn’t improve your financial life. You gain knowledge but without implementing a few clicks or little things, it doesn’t get done.
In this episode, Mike and Chad discuss a “Top 10 Ode to David Letterman” of little things you can do immediately to tighten up your financial picture that they often see missed.
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Ways to assure you are saving monthly
- Avoiding lifestyle creep
- Why You Should Investigate your HSA
- Adding an Annual 401k review to your list
- Do you have enough term life insurance?
- What to do when claiming Social Security to early
- How to prioritize debt payments with investing in your accounts
- Malcom Gladwell’s “Tipping Point”
Connect With Chad and Mike
- Connect on Twitter @csmithraleigh@TeamFSINC
- Follow Financial Symmetry on Facebook